Saturday, December 08, 2007

In Conceptione Immaculata Beatae Mariae Virginis

Today is the feast of the Immaculate Conception of Our Blessed Lady, a solemnity of the first class and a holy day of obligation throughout the universal Church.



THE ANTIPHONS

1. Thou art all fair, O Mary * and there is no spot of sin in thee.

2. Of thee, O Mary, thy Son was clothed in humanity * whose raiment was white as the light, whose face did shine as the sun.

3. Thou art the exaltation of Jerusalem, thou art the great glory of Israel, thou art the great rejoicing of our nation.

4. Blessed art thou of the Most High God * above all the women upon the earth.

5. Draw us, O maiden undefiled; we will run after thee * because of the savour of thy good ointments.

THE INTROIT

I WILL rejoice greatly in the Lord, and my soul shall be joyful in my God: for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, and with the robe of justice He hath covered me, as a bride adorned with her jewels. Ps. I will extol Thee, O Lord, for Thou hast upheld me: and hast not made mine enemies to rejoice over me.

THE COLLECT

O GOD, Who, by the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin, didst prepare for Thy Son a worthy habitation, we beseech Thee, that as Thou didst preserve her from every stain by the foreseen death of this Thy Son, so Thou wouldst grant that we also being cleansed from guilt by her intercession, may come to Thee. Through the same our Lord.

No comments: